Re: zs_open tts/%d0, tty overwrite.

Hi,

On Wed, 18 May 2005 00:16:00 -0400 Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> I have a sparc 5 with serial console (9600 baud) which occasionally
> begins printing this on the console and seems to be pretty dead:
>
> zs_open tts/%d0, tty overwrite.
> zs_open tts/%d0, tty overwrite.
> zs_open tts/%d0, tty overwrite.
> zs_open tts/%d0, tty overwrite.
> zs_open tts/%d0, tty overwrite.
> zs_open tts/%d0, tty overwrite.
> zs_open tts/%d0, tty overwrite.
> zs_open tts/%d0, tty overwrite.
Had the same problem yesterday twice on 2 different SS10. The installer
finished an I wasn't able to log in on the serial console. Good luck the
sshd was running :) It's just the ttyS0 which is dead, everything else
is alive.
Seems like init couldn't open the device, the PID of the getty just
raised without doing anything. First guess: caused by changing something
in /etc/inittab and 'telinit q'. At least it's in your log [*] and for
me it happened just at the time the getty should be started, I'll take a
look in the installer log later at home. Maybe I'm able to reproduce
this by adding something and tell init to reload the inittab.

	Hanno

[*]:
Restarting MTA: exim4.
INIT: Sendizs_open tts/%d0, tty overwrite.
zs_open tts/%d0, tty overwrite.
zs_open tts/%d0, tty overwrite.