disk size mismatch issue during install on ultra1

Hi,

I've got an interesting issue with installing sarge on an ultra1: At the
beginning of the partitioning the 9GB HD's are detected correctly as having
9GB.  However, when configuring the 1st partition as 4GB, the partition size
is reported as 2GB in the partition info screen.  When I continue there's
only some 27MB left.  When using guided partitioning I get similar results
(1.9GB + 99MB) and the partitioning even fails with an error message stating
that there are too many primary partitions.

I'm using the netboot from April 24 and both 2.4 and 2.6 fail.  Older netboots
(e.g. rc3) also fail here.  The ultra1 has OBP v3.35 and probe-scsi detects
the HD's correctly.  It has 256MB memory.

Any thoughts/hints/help how to get across this hurdle?  I looked through the
bug reports for d-i but didn't find anything about this issue.

Thanks,
Ardo
--
Ardo van Rangelrooij                                     Debian XML/SGML Group
<ardo@debian.org>              <debian-xml-sgml-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>