Re: Creator 3 D Framebuffer on Sun Ulta 1: XFree resolution and refresh rate settings

Sebastian Niehaus <killedbythoughts@mindcrime.net> writes:

> More questions to come :-(

... more on "making myself looking like a huge idiot" :-(

I recieved mail from Dieter Jurzitza and Steven Wilcoxon which helped
me to discover my mistake:

[...]

> http://www.sunhelp.org/faq/FrameBuffer.html#99 says 1020x800 at 85 Hz
> would be okay for any Creator 3D so I issued
>
> | plasmatic:/# eeprom output-device=screen:r1024x800x85m

| plasmatic:/# eeprom output-device=screen:r1024x800x84

Is what I wanted. I repeatedly tried with the wrong refresh rate: 85
Hz instead of 84.

Thank you so much.

I already started to write down some comments on running Linux on Ulta
1 on my wep page (sorry, it's in german) where I will add this
information. So maybe your efforts will help other people to setup
their maschines.

Thank you all again,

Sebastian