Re: Pressed ISOs ?

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 21:51, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2005-04-19 21:19:35, schrieb Martin:
> > On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 19:35, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > > Hello *,
> > >
> > > on friday I will get a Sun Sparc 10 (complete) and two other
> > > Sun Sparc (Ultra) 10 in pieces.
> > Forgive me if I am telling you things you already knew but:
> > SPARCStation 10 != Ultra 10
> > there is a significant difference.
> I know !
My apologies.

> > > Because this is my first SPARC Station, I like to know, where
> > > I can get pressed ISOs from WOODY/STABLE 3.0r(4,5).
> > Debian don't make official pressed CDs.  Some vendors do:
> > http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/
> I was on the Page already, but some have curently not respond to my
> question or sell only burned CD's.
For what it's worth I don't think I've ever seen any pressed Debian CDs
and wouldn't rate your chances but if you can get them I'd be interested
to hear.

> > > Oh yes, I want to use the SS10 for developing and pbuilder.
> > Cool - best of luck.
> The Machines are only for my own education (Learning Sun OS and
> porting to Linux/SPARC)
>
> Oh yes, I have read on the Sun-Website, that I can not use Sun OS 10
> for the oldies...  Can you tell me which Version I must get ?
>
> I need Multiboot.
Ultra 10's were shipped between 1998 and 2002, SS10's were shipped
between 1992 and 1994 (according to SunSolve...), given that you
probably want a version of Solaris that's contempoarary with each one,
the UNIX family tree seems to suggest Solaris 2.4 or 2.5 for the SS10
and Solaris 8 or probably Solaris 9 for the Ultra 10.  IIRC Solaris 10
should run on an Ultra 10 but might be unpleasantly slow.

HTH

Cheers,
 - Martin

--