Re: Pressed ISOs ?

Am 2005-04-19 21:19:35, schrieb Martin:
> On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 19:35, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > Hello *,
> >
> > on friday I will get a Sun Sparc 10 (complete) and two other
> > Sun Sparc (Ultra) 10 in pieces.
> Forgive me if I am telling you things you already knew but:
> SPARCStation 10 != Ultra 10
> there is a significant difference.

I know !

I have one SS10 complete except CD-Rom and
the a SS10 and a U10 in pieces.

> > Because this is my first SPARC Station, I like to know, where
> > I can get pressed ISOs from WOODY/STABLE 3.0r(4,5).
> Debian don't make official pressed CDs.  Some vendors do:
> http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/

I was on the Page already, but some have curently not respond to my
question or sell only burned CD's.

> > After installation I want to archive the ISOs, so burned ISOs
> > are no option.
> Depending on what problem you are trying to solve there might be an
> easier way.
>
> > Oh yes, I want to use the SS10 for developing and pbuilder.
> Cool - best of luck.

The Machines are only for my own education (Learning Sun OS and
porting to Linux/SPARC)

Oh yes, I have read on the Sun-Website, that I can not use Sun OS 10
for the oldies...  Can you tell me which Version I must get ?

I need Multiboot.

> HTH
>
> Cheers,
>  - Martin

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi