Re: __alloc_pages: 2-order allocation failed

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:17:41 -0400
Mike Edwards <sauron-debian-sparc@psychology.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> I'm currently running qmail with a virtual memory limit of 64 MB (via
> ulimit).  I wonder if it's trying to allocate more memory than that...

It shouldn't change the behavior of this stuff.  That limit reaching
would get caught at a higher level, before we get to __alloc_pages().

> > 000000000046ed80 T __get_free_pages
> > 000000000046edc0 T get_zeroed_page
> > 000000000046ee00 T __free_pages
> > 000000000046ee60 T free_pages

Ugh... can you copy the debug statements into __get_free_pages().
Make the debugging get printed out when __alloc_pages() returns
NULL.

Thanks.