Re: Cannot get a login-prompt (Sun Ultra 1)

Unless I'm mistaken, an Ultra 1 will redirect it's console to the serial
port if there is no keyboard connected at boot time.

It should be possible to fix this without a reboot if you connect to
the serial port via a null modem cable (9600 baud, iirc), send a BREAK,
and change where the console is directed (I don't remember off the top
of my head which option this is - look through PROM).

Otherwise, just reboot with the keyboard plugged in.

--
Mike Edwards <sauron-debian-sparc@psychology.rutgers.edu>
System Administrator