Re: install on Sun Blade 100

Having this same issue on a Blade 150. Trying to find a alternative boot image. Using the "sarge" one. Boots fine, but can't find the cdrom. Someone suggest using a 2.6 Image boot iso. But having trouble finding said image tho.

Anthony Townsend wrote:
hi all

i'm a pretty experienced x86 Debian user, though this is my first time installing a SPARC

here's where i'm at:

1) boot, Stop-A, ok
2) "boot cdrom"
3) SILO prompt
4) enter "linux"

at this point the kernel loads, ramdisk loads, and Debian installation begins with language, keyboard, country choice.

then we get to the CD-ROM hardware detection phase and the installed loads some drivers off the CDROM and then says

"Your installation CD-ROM couldn't be mounted. This probably means that the CD-ROM was not in the drive. Try again to mount the CD-ROM?"

Werid enough - thats the same CD-ROM that loaded the program that is telling me this. And at this point, the keyboard starts acting bizzare and pressing Enter or REturn just toggles the selection, but doesnt submit it.

Any ideas what's up? Seems extremely bizarre to me.

--
EM: crimson@unspeakable.org WWW: http://www.unspeakable.org

-0)
 /\  phear the penguin!