Re: Booting problem from CD on Sun Blade 100...

> Trying to install Debian 3.0r4 on a Sun Blade 100...
>
> Booting from the CD yields the following error:
>
>   boot:
>
>   Remapping the kernel... done.
>   Botting Linux...
>   clock_probe: Cannot find timer chip
>   Program terminated
>   ok
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this problem?   I have already upgraded the Open
> Boot PROM to 4.5.9.  This was in relation to another boot problem.
The kernel shipped with the stable install was only released a few
months after the first Blade 100 shipped so support is a little patchy.
Have a look back through the archives as there have been a lot posted
about the Blade series in the past few months, i/c links to full sets of
instructions on how to install Debian on them.

HTH

Cheers,
 - Martin

--