Re: Problems booting with initrd [was: Re: Testing 2.6.10 on sparc]

On Apr 1, 2005 6:25 PM, Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> wrote:
> On Friday 01 April 2005 23:30, Mehul Sanghvi wrote:
> > Now that I have some time, and have gotten a TFTP server setup,  where
> > do I get the netboot image from that I should work with ?
>
> Some things have changed in the mean time...
> Please use the RC3 netboot image from [1].
> The current links for images can always be found from [2].
>
> [1]http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-sparc/rc3/images/
> [2]http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status
>
> Cheers,
> FJP

Seems like I've got a  diffrent problem to solve before I get to using
the boot.img from above.

Apparently, when I do a 'boot net' or a 'boot net boot.img' from
the OpenBoot prompt, it seems to be finding the Jumpstart
server and trying to download the jumpstart images.

I've got a SMC EZ Switch in my cubicle, into which is plugged my
Ultra10, Ultra2 (the one where I want Debian), two HP Compaq systems,
and the main wire that connectes me to the rest the LAN in the office.

I am probably being dumb in assuming that since my Ultra10 is the one
acting as the TFTP server, that is the one it will pick up.  Is there a way
to specify which boot server you want to boot off when using 'boot net' ?

The Jumpstart server is not under my control and I have no access to it.

cheers,

     mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi