Re: Problems with Xinerama using a Matrox Millenium / Creator 3D with an Ultra 30.

>> Section "Device"
>>         Identifier      "Matrox Millenium"
>>         Driver          "fbdev"
>>         BusID           "0001:00:02.0"
>>         Option          "UseFBDev"      "true"
>>         Option          "FBDev"         "/dev/fb1"
>> EndSection
> Isn't this still a 'new style' address, the things you aren't producing
> any more.  Might this be (a|the) problem.

Right, changed it back to the old stsle address, got a xinerama error
switched this off and now it works fine in double head mode but without
xinerama. The XFConfig-4 is attached.

As well I had to comment out the horizontal sync rate from the Monitor
section. With this in, the screen was kinda garbled and pinkish. Dunno why.

Finally I used only two hacks, The one to the sparc64/Kconfig file, and
reverting back to the old pci structure in /proc, and magic .... it nearly
works.

Xinerama is probably off topic for this group but I will continue on this.
Double head is sufficient for now.

> Slightly more tangentially, have you tried on a 2.4 series kernel or
> tried X.org?  That might give you some intuition into whether it's
> possible and what other problems there might be.

Nope, It takes an hour to build a Kernel on an Ultra 30, sometimes more. I
just used 2.6.

Now I'm only left with a weird mouse problem I will post this separately

cheers & thanks for all your help
 Detlef