Re: Problems with Xinerama using a Matrox Millenium / Creator 3D with an Ultra 30.

> Thanks for this, I havnet had much time today but I implemented the hack as
> laid out in http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2004/02/msg00013.html
As I understand it, this converts the output back to the 'old style'.

> Now lspci and scanpci do indeed show the same output again.
> XFree86 -scanpci is still empty and X does not start in multihead mode:
>
>    Fatal server error:
>       Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specify busIDs
>       for all framebuffer devices
>
> But I specified them in the XF86Config-4 and each card is working fine in a
> single screen layout with the data below.
That may be because it doesn't need to scan the PCI bus in single head
mode.  Don't know enough about XFree86 to comment.

> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "Creator3D"
>         Driver          "sunffb"
>         BusID           "SBUS:/SUNW,ffb@1e,0"
>         Option          "UseFBDev"      "true"
>         Option          "FBDev"         "/dev/fb0"
> EndSection
I don't have the hardware so I can't say if this is a valid BusID but it
seems a little sus to me.  I could be wrong.

> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "Matrox Millenium"
>         Driver          "fbdev"
>         BusID           "0001:00:02.0"
>         Option          "UseFBDev"      "true"
>         Option          "FBDev"         "/dev/fb1"
> EndSection
Isn't this still a 'new style' address, the things you aren't producing
any more.  Might this be (a|the) problem.

Slightly more tangentially, have you tried on a 2.4 series kernel or
tried X.org?  That might give you some intuition into whether it's
possible and what other problems there might be.

HTH

Cheers,
 - Martin

--