Re: Sun Blade 100 installation

On March 15, 2005, Daniel_Lönn wrote:

> "So if I download a full ISO, say
> http://debian-cd.rutgers.edu/images/sparc/debian-30r1-sparc-binary-1.iso
> , and burn it, I can boot from that disk and use it to do a network
> install?  There's not a scaled down version designed for network
> install, anywhere?"
>
> --->
>
> Of course, that's what I did. It gives a variety of install methods. Go
> ahead ;-) Good luck!

  Thank you for your help.  I finally have Debian working on this box.

  I think what threw me is the instructions kept trying to prompt me to look for the stripped-down netinstall image, when no such image existed for sparc.

  It did take a long time to download the entire disk (projected time was 4 hours for the first mirror I tried, on a high speed connection; I found another mirror and got it in 1:30).  But at least it worked.

  And now that I have woody installed, I'm upgrading to testing.

Thanks,
jdb