On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:

that won't work.... what we need here is some guys who a willing to do
active kernel work on debian sparc.

Well, I have been recently accepted as a member of the debian-kernel team, specifically for the purpose of tracking and fixing the sparc-related issues. The kernel situation on sparc is really not that bad, apart from a few serious bugs on newer hardware, to which I don't have access to.

A few DDs who are most probably interested in keeping the sparc port up and running are Joshua Kwan, Andres Solomon, Blars Blarson and Ben Collins.

Greetings
Martin

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org