On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:

that won't work.... what we need here is some guys who a willing to do
active kernel work on debian sparc.

Well, I have been recently accepted as a member of the debian-kernel team, specifically for the purpose of tracking and fixing the sparc-related issues. The kernel situation on sparc is really not that bad, apart from a few serious bugs on newer hardware, to which I don't have access to.

A few DDs who are most probably interested in keeping the sparc port up and running are Joshua Kwan, Andres Solomon, Blars Blarson and Ben Collins.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org