Re: IDE on SB100 (was Re: Elite3D PCI, anyone?)

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Luigi Gangitano wrote:

I've just installed it and actually it doesn't boot bombing out on
pivot_root. If booted without devfs first complains about /dev/console
not existing. If booted with devfs enable the ALI IDE (alim15x3) driver
is loaded (and present in /loadmodules). ide-detect is not present
in /loadmodules by default, but adding it on the last line didn't help.

This with
- kernel-image-2.4.27-2-sparc64 2.4.27-2
- initrd-tools 0.1.77

Hi Luigi,

Thanks for the detailed report. Unfortunately, I currently don't have any ideas on how to fix the problem. Same kernel images work fine on the systems with other IDE controllers, so the generic IDE stuff seems to be ok. Must be some weird interaction between it and ALI driver.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org