Re: Audio on Ultra2?

Hi!

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:44:06 +0100
"alarcher@egim-mrs.fr" <alarcher@egim-mrs.fr> wrote:

> Me too ... after many hours I came to the conclusion that VLC player
> is  one of the few players working.
> For example : Try mpg123 in a term: you should hear anything else than
> shitty noise.

Thanks a lot for that hint. It simply didn't come to my mind that it
might be the player and not something "under the hood". mpg123 works
perfectly.

So, after throwing away xmms I had to find another spiffy player, of
course. Here's my recommendation: GQmpeg
(http://gqmpeg.sourceforge.net/) works well and looks well, especially
with the 2black skin.

> >monitor_gain=0
> >
> I set it to 128.

What is this supposed to do? I cannot hear any difference. :-)

> Wish it helped.
> ++
> Aurélien

Thanks, it did!
 - Thomas

--
Every one suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and
this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known.