Re: Audio on Ultra2?

Thomas Köllmann a écrit :

Hi, everybody!
Hello.

I need some help to get my Ultra2 (running Sarge) play music instead of
only making high-frequency noise...

I spent a couple of hours trying to install audio on my ultra5 last week.
I gave up using xmms and clones for the reasons you mentionned.
Seems that the config using "audio", "cs4231" (like you do) whitout soundcard support in the kernel is
the only one producing good vibes BUT using a non-buggy player.

I have configured xmms to use the "OSS Driver 1.2.10" output plugin and
I have confirmed that the mp3 files I tried are ok -- I can play them on
a x86 box. The noise starts with a some-seconds delay after I press the
play button, and I get there errors in .xsession-errors:

** WARNING **: SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT ioctl failed: Invalid argument

** WARNING **: SNDCTL_DSP_SPEED ioctl failed: Invalid argument

Me too ... after many hours I came to the conclusion that VLC player is one of the few players working. For example : Try mpg123 in a term: you should hear anything else than shitty noise.

It is true that I should not need ALSA or whatnot on an Ultra2, isn't
it?

Tried few weeks ago and was buggy.

monitor_gain=0
I set it to 128.

play.avail_ports=0x7 (speaker (0x1)|headphone (0x2)|line out
Set this param to 2 otherwise you're likely to experience the poor quality of the speaker.
Edit the /etc/default/audioctl to restore your params at boot.

Wish it helped.
++
Aurélien

Thanks a lot,
- Thomas

Larcher Aurélien
Ecole Généraliste d'Ingénieurs de Marseille - Promo2006
ginfo.egim-mrs.fr

---
avast! Antivirus: message Sortant propre.
Base de donnÚes des virus (VPS): 0507-4, 18/02/2005
Test du: 19/02/2005 20:44:07