Re: [atyfb] No display on Sparc Ultra 10 with kernel 2.6.10-rc2 or later

On Thursday 17 February 2005 00:24, Antonino A. Daplas wrote:
> > Try this patch and let me know.

> > n = 0 (low), 1 (high)

I've tested with the following combinations:
- append="video=atyfb:comp_sync:1,1024x768@70"
  Works perfectly: csync is high and good display.
- append="video=atyfb:comp_sync:1,hor_sync:1,vert_sync:0,1024x768@70"
  csync is high, but for some reason not hsync; display is good.
- append="video=atyfb:1024x768@70,comp_sync:1"
  Same results as first test.

The sync settings were checked with 'fbset -i'.

> BTW, the mode string should always be the last parameter, ie;
>
> video=atyfb:comp_sync:1,1024x768@70

Hmmm. Wonder why you say that (considering the result of my last test).

Should these new options also be documented in Documentation/fb/?

Cheers,
Frans