[HELP] [PORT] sparc vs sparc5 vs ultrasparc?

Hi,

 mesa upstream includes configuration files for three Sparc
 architectures: sparc, sparc5 and ultrasparc.

 sparc (this is actually the same as "linux")

CC = gcc
CXX = g++

 sparc5:

CC = gcc
CXX = g++
CFLAGS = -mcpu=ultrasparc ... # the rest is the same as for sparc

 ultrasparc:

CC = gcc
CXX = g++
CFLAGS = -mv8 -mtune=ultrasparc ... # the rest is the same as sparc

 Questions:

 1. Will that work on *any* current Sparc autobuilder?

 2. I have to put the "sparc" libraries in /usr/lib, where do I put the
    sparc5 and ultrasparc ones?

 3. Does this make sense?  AFAIUI the v8 has divide instructions which
    make it much more bearable than generic sparc code.

 4. There's some assembly versions of a couple of routines, but they are
    only used on sunos, not linux.  I don't know if these are maintained
    or not.  Is someone willing to try this out and tell me if these
    work?  Grep for USE_SPARC_ASM in the mesa sources (6.2.1 from
    upstream).

 TIA,

    Marcelo