Re: sarge sparc iso

Hi Alex,

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Alex wrote:

Is there anyone who knows of a reliable jigdo download site for sarge sparc ISO? I have been trying to download the ISO and can not find a site which has all of the needed files.
thanks,
alex

I don't know anything about jigdo, but the current debian-installer (d-i) images are linked from http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer. The businesscard iso image will require network access to install the base system, while netinst image is capable of a standalone installation. If you have an Ultra (sparc64) machine, RC2 version of the installer should work fine. For sparc32 it is better to try one of the sid-d_i daily built images [0]. There is a report of a pretty much successful installation on a sparc32 machine using the 19 Dec daily. If you encounter any bugs during installation, please submit a bug report using the template [1].

[0] http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-i/sparc/
[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org