Re: Various unstable brokenness - X keyboard

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 02:08:44PM +0100, Henry Margies wrote:

> After updating xlibs I had the same problem. My keyboard layout (only in
> X) was totally messed up. TAB was on Q, Left cursor on pause and so
> on...
>
> The problem was in /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/sun/us. I disabled all lines
> that contained:
>
> include "srvr_ctrl(xfree86)";
>
> That solved the problem for me, but it is just a hack.

Yes, but a very successful one :) It's just worked for me :)

Thanks for this.  The last bit of wierdness which I forgot from my post
the other day. Ctrl-alt-F<whatever> doesn't switch to a virtual
terminal.  Once X is up, it stays up and you can't move away from it.

Andy