Re: buildd failure for sparc - floating point encoding?

Does anyone know whether sparc uses the same encoding as one of these examples?

Given that most of the machines sold by Sun are based on SPARC chips and
most of the SPARC chips sold are sold by Sun I would guess the 'sun'
setting is what you are after.
[...]

Thanks very much Martin (and others)! I'm now using the sun setting, and the package is compiling, at least past the point where it broke before.

I will certainly be talking to upstream about the best way to implement a fix for the problem.

Helen.