Re: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 01:17:23PM +0200, Klas Ahlin wrote:
> I just installed from Sarge netboot cd 040907 on a SunFire V100.
>
> The installation went fine and I could boot from root partition on disk.
>
> When I try to use either of eth0 or eth1 I get the message "NETDEV
> WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out" repeatedly.

I had the same problem on a V100 last week - it turned out to be
auto-negotiate that was disabled in my switch, and then the tulip
driver defaulted to half-duplex mode. Loading the tulip driver with
"full_duplex=1" solved the problem for me.

So now I just need to learn if there is a way to get decent disk-
performance, i.e. if they can run in DMA mode. But that is a different
story.

--
Henrik Storner