scsi-idle or noflushd working on sparc?

Hello All,

Has anyone been successful in getting the noflushd or scsi-idle kernel
patches to work on kernels 2.4.18 or later?

I started with the scsi-idle patch included in the noflushd-1.7.3
package. After adding a couple of "COMPATIBLE_IOCTL()" lines in
arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c I got the disks to spin down, but
automatic spin-up hangs. Also all subsequent requests on that same SCSI
device hang.

Using the scsi-idle patch yielded similar results. Are the patches
currently broken, or am I missing something here.

Any help or on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Mika