Re: Debian Testing (using d-i beta4) on Sun Fire 280R

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 15:24, Gertjan Francke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having the same problem as you have described in 2.
> My system is a UltraSparc 1, after I updated my running kernel from
> 2.2.19-sun4u to 2.4.26-sparc64 my network doesn't function properly.
> Further I use debian/testing.
> I can ping outside my LAN (to the Internet) by means of a gateway.
There
> seems to be problems too on my localnetwork. I can connect to local
> httpservers, but telnet is not working.
> I can connect using telnet to another machine.. but as i start with
> input.. nothing happens on my screen.. so.. I guess that some packets
> get losts somewhere.

Are you sure the problem is not somewhere in your network or your
router? I installed Debian testing with 2.4.26-sparc64 kernel on my
Ultra 1 just yesterday, upgraded from a minimal Woody install, and it
works absolutely fine.
(I actually got that machine from the VU (Vrije Universiteit in
Amsterdam) last year, great machine :-)

Peter