Re: Debian Testing (using d-i beta4) on Sun Fire 280R

Hello,

I'm having the same problem as you have described in 2.
My system is a UltraSparc 1, after I updated my running kernel from
2.2.19-sun4u to 2.4.26-sparc64 my network doesn't function properly.
Further I use debian/testing.
I can ping outside my LAN (to the Internet) by means of a gateway. There seems to be problems too on my localnetwork. I can connect to local httpservers, but telnet is not working. I can connect using telnet to another machine.. but as i start with input.. nothing happens on my screen.. so.. I guess that some packets get losts somewhere.

Who knows what's wrong?

Bye,

Gertjan

off-topic:
btw
stable boot floppy images(rescue and root) for sparc64 are not working
after sucessfully executing the rescue floppy i insert root floppy. then systems hangs! if you experience the same problem: you have can try the images of debian potato (they are working) or try a different boot method if that's possible (netboot,...)