Re: RAID and 2.2

On Friday 14 May 2004 16:33, Andrew Sharp wrote:
> Yeah, there were patches available.  I don't know if there were any
> in the package archive, but I tried that that exact thing on that
> exact machine. Be very careful, as that code had a nasty tendency to
> wipe out the disk label on one or more of the disks in question for
> some configurations. Everything would run fine until you did a
> reboot.  It was a sparc only thing.  I believe that there were work
> arounds involving modifying your configuration or partitioning
> slightly, so you may have to rebuild anyway.

That's strange.  I've noticed that issue with 2.4, and possibly 2.6.
Should it still be happening?  It seems to be fine if I restore the
disklabel and reboot, then the RAID volume comes up just fine.  Also, I
haven't had the problem with 2.6.6 yet, so that's good.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org