Re: RAID and 2.2

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 11:10:36PM +0200, Frank Gevaerts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a raid patch available for recent 2.2 kernels ? The latest I
> can find is for 2.2.20. Also, is there a version with 2.4 compatible
> superblocks ?
>
> I want to try 2.2 on my SMP Hypersparc SS20 (2.4 is only stable in UP),
> but I would prefer not to have to rebuild my raid5 array .

Yeah, there were patches available.  I don't know if there were any in the
package archive, but I tried that that exact thing on that exact machine.
Be very careful, as that code had a nasty tendency to wipe out the disk
label on one or more of the disks in question for some configurations.
Everything would run fine until you did a reboot.  It was a sparc
only thing.  I believe that there were work arounds involving modifying
your configuration or partitioning slightly, so you may have to rebuild
anyway.

Check the list archives from back in the day, say 2000 and 2001.