Re: Installing Sun Sparc Ultra 10

>    I'm trying to install debian on Sun Sparc Ultra 5. The installation of
> the base system went fine (network, file system, etc). But I needed to
> put a second network card in the Sun station. This is were I started to
> get some problems.
<snip>
> So this is clear, my network card (based on realtek 8139 chipset) is not
> even detected when probing the pci slots ...
>
> My question is : Are standard network cards compatible with Sparc Ultra 5 ?
So are.  Some fail for a variety of reasons.  Check the archive for a
thread (about a month or two ago IIRC) about generic PCI cards in Sun
boxen.

> Maybe its only the PCI Riser that is not working. How could i check that ?
Make sure it is correctly seated and try plugging in known working PCI
cards.  I have got a generic (Lucent chip set) PCI USB card working in
one of these.

> What could i do to make this card work ... ?
Sort out the PCI connectivity issue and then make sure the correct
modules are compiled and installed.

HTH

Cheers,
 - Martin