Question on USV-operation

Dear listmembers,
after attaching a USV (SmartUsv 1500 from APC) to my U60 I found that due to a initialization sequence sent to the serial port during reset the USV always switches to battery operation even though mains is stable.
In the apcupsd-documentation I found a hint that one should set the OBP - variabel comX-noprobe=true; however, my OBP does not have such a variable to set.
Does anybody out there know what would be the corresponding setting here?
Many thanks in advance,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

This is the output of eeprom on my side:

security-mode=none
security-password: data not available.
security-#badlogins=0
oem-logo: data not available.
oem-logo?=false
oem-banner: data not available.
oem-banner?=false
hardware-revision: data not available.
last-hardware-update: data not available.
diag-switch?=false
name=options
oekalux09:/proc# eeprom
scsi-initiator-id=7
keyboard-click?=false
keymap: data not available.
ttyb-rts-dtr-off=false
ttyb-ignore-cd=true
ttya-rts-dtr-off=false
ttya-ignore-cd=true
ttyb-mode=9600,8,n,1,-
ttya-mode=9600,8,n,1,-
pcia-probe-list=1
pcib-probe-list=1,3,2,4,5
enclosure-type=540-3251
banner-name=Sun Ultra 60 UPA/PCI
energystar-enabled?=true
mfg-mode=off
diag-level=min
#power-cycles=3800
system-board-serial#=5015606041092
system-board-date=394faa27
fcode-debug?=false
output-device=screen:r1280x1024x76
input-device=keyboard
load-base=16384
boot-command=boot
auto-boot?=true
watchdog-reboot?=false
diag-file: data not available.
diag-device=net
boot-file=172.16.56.152 root=/dev/sda2
boot-device=net cdrom disk
local-mac-address?=false
ansi-terminal?=true
screen-#columns=100
screen-#rows=50
silent-mode?=false
use-nvramrc?=true
nvramrc=devalias /pci@1f,4000,scsi@3,1/disk@1,0:f extdisk

security-mode=none
security-password: data not available.
security-#badlogins=0
oem-logo: data not available.
oem-logo?=false
oem-banner: data not available.
oem-banner?=false
hardware-revision: data not available.
last-hardware-update: data not available.
diag-switch?=false
name=options

HARMAN BECKER AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS

Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
Manager Hardware Systems
   System Development

Industriegebiet Ittersbach
Becker-Göring Str. 16
D-76307 Karlsbad / Germany

Phone: +49 (0)7248 71-1577
Fax:   +49 (0)7248 71-1216
eMail: DJurzitza@harmanbecker.com
Internet: http://www.becker.de

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.