Re: USB keyboard & mouse on Sun Ultra 5 w/PCI USB card

In article <200412161446.31964.dejonsen@implantsciences.com> you write:
>Could you point me to a website or two that explain how to set it up, the
>necessary cabling required (straight-through vs. crossover, DB9-DB9 or
>DB9-DB25, pinouts would be nice), the comm parameters (I think I saw this in
>OpenBoot), etc. etc....

Standard crossover cable to hook to a PC.  Use port 0, I think it's
the 25 pin serial port on an ultra 5.  9600 8 none
Enabled by booting with no keyboard connected.

If you installed with keyboard/monitor, you need to edit /etc/inittab
to start a getty on ttyS0 and don't start them on tty?.

Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
With Microsoft, failure is not an option.  It is a standard feature.