Re: Sarge install cd mounting problem

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

How soon can we fix the installer. RC2 is effectively useless if we're
not careful.

Andy

Hi,

The only thing which is pretty much guaranteed is that d-i for sparc is not going to be released in this state :-). More seriously though, fixed linux-kernel-di-sparc (version 0.62) has been uploaded yesterday and will become available (in unstable) with today's mirror pulse. I am not too familiar with the building procedures, but I would expect that the working sid_d-i daily installer images [0] will include it tomorrow, and "normal" (sarge_d-i) daily builds should pick it up in ~10 days, when it propagates into sarge.

[0] http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-i/

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org