Re: [debian-sparc] showstoppers when moving from kernel 2.4 to 2.6

Bonjour,

Hodie VII Kal. Dec. MMIV est, Joerg Friedrich scripsit:
> I have two issues after switching from kernel 2.4.x to 2.6.x
>
> First: Keymap. this issue is known,
> For 2.6 a workaround is not to load any keymap.

This the good solution only if you have a qwerty keyboard. For a
national keyboard, you have to load the classic i386 one (for example,
with my french keyboardn I load a customized version of fr-latin1).

> /etc/init.d/afbinit is looking for "Elite 3D" which is no longer
> reported by 2.6. ok can be worked around, but 2.6 does no longer report
> the devicename (fb0 in this example).
>
> Does anyone know a possibility to get the devicename?

What about using a sysfs mounted /sys? (/sys/class/graphics)

--
Erwann ABALEA <erwann.abalea@keynectis.com>
-----