Re: XFree not starting any more

Jurzitza, Dieter schrieb am Freitag, 26. November 2004 um 09:00:28 +0100:
> Dear listmembers,
> dear Jörg,
> cd /; find . -name "X.log" brought no information, so I took the boot-logging out of /var/log/messages. Perhaps this helps to find out what is going on here.

Depending on the way you start X there might be different logfiles.
someone already mentioned XFree*.log, if you use gdm look into
/var/log/gdm. kde I don't know.

> I have the same graphics card as you have, Jörg, but afbinit loads nicely, when I saw your mail I thought at the very begin that someone might have changed the boot message regarding the graphics card in 2.4.28, too, but this is not the case.

do you see something like

fb0: Loading Elite3D microcode...   Revision-<number> done.

when booting?

--
Jörg Friedrich

There are only 10 types of people:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.