Re: cdrom drive won't mount

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 22:18:32 -0500, Huston wrote:
> Tried to install sarge on my E250 and it won't mount my scsi hard drive.
>  Any fixes for this?

Are you using a CD to install? (I suspect not.) If not, try 'modprobe
sym53c8xx_2' on the second console after the failure is reported to you
and if that succeeds, 'modprobe sr_mod' and 'modprobe sd_mod' then rerun
the detection step.

If at that point you can continue the install, please complete it and then
boot the new install. Then send me the output of 'lspci' and 'lspci -n'.

If sym53c8xx_2 can't be located it's possible you are using an old image
where SCSI modules were omitted from your installation medium. If so,
check newer images at http://people.debian.org/~joshk/d-i/images/daily
(sparc64) and http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/daily/sparc/current/.

Thanks

--