Re: cdrom drive won't mount

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 10:15:18 -0500, Steve Pacenka wrote:
> Perhaps the Sarge installer you're using misses E250 SCSI controllers.
>
> When installing Sarge on an Ultra 2 recently, the CD drive that I had
> booted from became invisible.  I escaped to a shell and did "modprobe
> esp" to get support for the built-in SCSI controller.  I also did
> "modprobe sr_mod".  After that the install and subsequent reboots went
> perfectly.

I assume that's a SBus ESP - could you send the output of

"discover all"

and

"prtconf -v"

so that I could try and get this fixed on the installer side?
(I have no idea whether anyone ever bothered making a PCI ESP, but if
that's the case, send me output of "lspci" and "lspci -n" instead of
"prtconf -v".

Thanks

--
Joshua Kwan