Re: cdrom drive won't mount

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 22:18, Huston wrote:
> Tried to install sarge on my E250 and it won't mount my scsi hard
> drive.  Any fixes for this?

Perhaps the Sarge installer you're using misses E250 SCSI controllers.

When installing Sarge on an Ultra 2 recently, the CD drive that I had
booted from became invisible.  I escaped to a shell and did "modprobe
esp" to get support for the built-in SCSI controller.  I also did
"modprobe sr_mod".  After that the install and subsequent reboots went

-- SP