Re: cdrom drive won't mount
- To: Debian Sparc <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: cdrom drive won't mount
- From: Steve Pacenka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 10:15:18 -0500
- Message-id: <1099840518.3088.54.camel@asgard>
- In-reply-to: <002401c4c478$77d67700$9500a8c0@huston>
- References: <002401c4c478$77d67700$9500a8c0@huston>
On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 22:18, Huston wrote:
> Tried to install sarge on my E250 and it won't mount my scsi hard
> drive. Any fixes for this?
Perhaps the Sarge installer you're using misses E250 SCSI controllers.
When installing Sarge on an Ultra 2 recently, the CD drive that I had
booted from became invisible. I escaped to a shell and did "modprobe
esp" to get support for the built-in SCSI controller. I also did
"modprobe sr_mod". After that the install and subsequent reboots went