Re: Intall Debian on Sun Blade 1000

Quoting Sebastien LANGE <doownek@free.fr>:

>> Don't use USB, it's not supported on the UltraSPARC III (yet)...
> Thank you

One thing before I forget it again. I've already forgottent it twice :)

Stay _VERY_ (I just can't stress that enough!!) clear of firmware patch
111292-17. It tosted my CPU (and two other people's on the 'Net).

I got mine replaced but it's not (that I know of) a warranty job (unless
you're lucky).

If you don't beleive that a piece of software actually can ruin
hardware (I don't beleive it either - still!) search on google
and you'll get a bunch of ruined machines...

I'm in this one at the bottom...
http://supportforum.sun.com/hardware/index.php?t=msg&th=1814&start=0&rid=0
--
BATF $400 million in gold bullion nuclear Panama Saddam Hussein
genetic jihad SEAL Team 6 terrorist FBI toluene bomb cryptographic