Re: Sarge installer fails at "Saving installation logs"

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 21:20:28 PDT, Joshua Kwan writes:
>>> Yesterday I was trying to install Sarge on my SS10. Got the installer
>>>  from /debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-sparc/current/images/sparc32/
>>>  (ftp.at.debian.org), netbooted the SS10 with it and chose to install
>>>  "testing". Everything went smoothly until after it told me that it was
>>>  finished and would now like to reboot:
>>> At which point it now hangs.

>I can't really help with this, no one knows what the problem is. But you
>can certainly try again, with the RC1 boot images, available at

I figured "what the hell", rebooted and the installation went on fine,
 so apparently there wasn't anything important to do after saving the
 installer logs (other than saving the installer log, which might've
 been helpful in determining what actually went wrong ;) ).

Sorry, I don't have time[0] to do another install right now.

0: Took about half a day.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "I knew that kicking my coffee habit would be a bad idea."
-- "You poor, poor boy... no wonder you're out of sync with reality."