Re: Request for d-i

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 11:38:03AM +0200, Alfredo Sola wrote:

>    Not sure if this is the right place, but here it goes. As we all
> know, sun servers without a framebuffer (and certain other x86s too)
> need to be configured and installed via a serial console that speaks at
> 9600 bps by default. All the screen redrawings at that speed are a real
> PITA, and there are lots of them (especially when partitioning).
>
>    Could something be added to the d-i menus to accomodate better these
> slow consoles?

debian-boot is the right place for this. I, for one, agree with you. The
main problem to me seems to be that when a dialog closes and a new one
opens, the process goes:

1. Erase (overwrite with blue background) the old dialog box
2. Erase background
3. Redraw background
4. Draw new dialog

Seems to me that steps 2 and 3 can be removed. After step 1, you're left
with a blue background, so you should be able to go right to step 4.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/