Re: [debian-sparc] Networking with Ultra1

Erwann Abalea wrote:

Bonjour,

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Morten Dreier wrote:

I have problems keeping the network interface on my Ultra1 up. After
some traffic, it crashes, and requires a hard reboot to work again. It
works great with Solaris9, so it is not the hardware, but the linux
drivers that are acting up.
Is this a known problem?

Yes, and in fact, it's a hardware problem, but Solaris already has a
software fix for it. The problem goes only for the internal hme0
interface. If you have a quad fast ethernet (driven by the same driver,
the "Happy Meal" one), you won't have any problem on any of the interfaces
of this card.

Search Google for "U1 hme lockup patch", and apply the one line patch.
the sparclinux.net-site refered in most links is dead, but I found it in an gentoo mirror.
Does this patch need a kernel recompile, or is a module recompile enough?

Thanks, btw.  :-)