Re: spam issue...

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 08:36, andrew burd wrote:
> I'm afraid I might have to unsubscribe from this list because of the
> incredible increase in spam email that I've been receiving since I
> subscribed.. I'm not certain that the list itself is to blame, however, if
> it does not stop I will unsubscribe.  I'm pretty sure that my address is
> safe within the list but I do not know who has subscribed to this list that
> might be providing my address to spammers.
>
> I now receive about 60 spam messages a day.. previously it was about 6.

Lucky you with only 60 ;-) First of all there is a mail2news-gateway and these
lists are archived online so you can access them with your webbrowser. Both
places ideal for harvesters and only a minor solution for the online archives
to rewrite the address. It worked for mail.nl.linux.org where harvesters
where no stranger :(

So you can stop posting, change your e-mailaddress or accept it an get your
spamfiltering ready. But stop posting won't stop the spam any how, because
you're one of the lucky ones to have been selected for there
advertisements ;-)

Hans