Re: Ultra 5 install problem

Allocated 8 megs of memory at 0x40000000 for kernel
Loaded kernel version 2.4.24
Illegal instruction

For what it's worth, I am having this exact problem on an Ultra 5/360 which I just brought home tonight.

In fact, I was just browsing the debian-sparc archives because of my trouble in getting it to install. I used to have an SS5 running deb, but this is the first time I've tried to install on the ultra. Hmmm.

I tried the d-i beta3 and the latest daily build with identical results. CD-R and CD-RW media, same.

Maybe I'll try a woody CD.

--bruce (w1bw@d.o)