Ultra 10: Which port to connect to for a serial interface?

I just bought a USB->Serial adapter for my laptop so that I can connect to the Serial port on my ultra 10 and have a boot time serial console.

Do I get an adapter to connect (from the male DB9 port on my adapter) to the female DB25 port on the back (marked A), or to the male DB9 port (appropriately marked "B")?

If I boot the machine without a keyboard or monitor connected, will either work?

Satadru