De: Small, Jim [mailto:jim.small@eds.com]
Enviado el: lunes, 08 de marzo de 2004 17:01
Para: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Asunto: Booting custom kernel

Thanks to Igmar, I can now build a custom kernel (Sparc64) for my Ultra 60.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out how to boot it.  I install
the kernel in /boot and run silo, but when I boot I get this:

Sun Ultra 60 UPA/PCI (2 X UltraSPARC-II 450MHz), No Keyboard
OpenBoot 3.17, 2048 MB memory installed, Serial #11419681.
Ethernet address 8:0:20:ae:40:21, Host ID: 80ae4021.

Rebooting with command: boot
Boot device: disk  File and args:
SILO Version 1.4.4
\
Linux debian 2.4.18 #2 Thu Apr 11 14:37:17 EDT 2002 sparc64 GNU/Linux

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
boot:
Allocated 8 Megs of memory at 0x40000000 for kernel

Cannot find /vmlinuz (Unknown ext2 error)

Image not found.... try again
boot: /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.25
Allocated 8 Megs of memory at 0x40000000 for kernel

Cannot find /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.25 (Unknown ext2 error)

Image not found.... try again
boot: /boot/vmlinux-2.4.25
Allocated 8 Megs of memory at 0x40000000 for kernel

Cannot find /boot/vmlinux-2.4.25 (Unknown ext2 error)

Image not found.... try again
boot:

I have tried booting a compressed (vmlinuz-2.4.25) and uncompressed
(vmlinux-2.4.25) kernel.  I am running the latest of everything (unstable).

/boot is an ext3 partition, and I have compiled in ext3 support (in kernel,
not module).

Ideas?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
   <> Jim