Re: procps doesn't buildd - /lib versus /lib64

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 01:47:15PM -0500, James Morrison wrote:
> csmall@enc.com.au (Craig Small) writes:
>
> > Hello,
> > http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=procps&ver=1%3A3.1.15-2&arch=sparc&stamp=1074594596&file=log&as=raw
> >
> > The sparc buildd failed to build the procps package.  The problem is
> > that the library is installed into /lib64 instead of /lib  The reason it
> > does this is because of:
> >
> > lib64    := lib$(shell [ -d /lib64 ] && echo 64)
>
>  You could probably just remove the echo so lib64 = lib.  This would work
> for the debian package, but if someone wanted a 64 libproc they would have
> to hack around your hack, but that probably isn't too bit of an issue.

The above line is just totally broken. Every sparc buildd has
libc6-sparc64 installed because of build-essential deps.

If you want a 64-bit libproc (and I do), then it needs to do like
libncurses does and do two builds.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/