Re: Floppy on a Blade 100

On Monday 28 April 2003 15:41, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 02:08:07PM +0200, Michael Daum wrote:
> >  Everything is fine besides the floppy not being detected.
>
> Even if you got it detected, it wouldn't work well. Will likely cause
> the machine to crash or lockup.
>
> Floppy has never been supported very well on ultrasparc-linux in general
> It's not a Debian issue.

Oh that's _very_ bad news! as I wanted to convert half a dozent Sun Blade 100
from Sun Solaris to Debian Linux.

Wadding thru the debian-sparc archive I find lots of complains about the
Blades not booting from floppy. Actually that is not my problem. It is already
installed and up and running. It makes a nice desktop machine. Alas the
floppy is not working... So even you said that ultralinux made a nice
desktop for years for you. Didn't you miss a floppy too?

Bottom line: no floppy on ultralinux, no conversion :(

	Micha.

--
-- Michael Daum
-- Natural Language Systems (NatS)