Re: Problem usin two LANCE NICs

On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 23:00, Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr wrote:

> > Amazingly, both NICs do have the same MAC address:
>
> this is not amazing but standard sun behaviour. the boolean PROM variable
> local-mac-address? is false by default, giving all interfaces the same
> MAC address.

And if you do not want to play with openboot you can still try to
specify a MAC adress at boot time. I know that it works with HME cards
with the driver compiled as a module, using the macaddr= option when
insmoding it. Perhaps the LANCE driver has the same option ? (UTSL)

--
Irvin Probst
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary