Re: Ultra 5 SSH/Ethernet Lockup

Kristjan Onu <onu@29.ca> writes:

> With my Woody installation, the directories you mention did not
> exist. Installing libssl0.9.7 (and ssh 3.6.1p1-1) did put files into
> /usr/lib/v9. Moving them out of the way as you suggest seems to help
> at least a little,

For what it's worth, the major effect of removing the v9 libraries is
probably to slow down certain crypto operations significantly, so
perhaps that affects some timing issue somewhere.

Also for what it's worth, I haven't seen such problems into a U5,
either with the Woody libssl or later 0.9.6 ones with v9 optimization.