Re: SILO and Create Boot Floppy Fails.

Thank you Nathan for your help.

I have a small /boot partition (/dev/sda1) consisting of the
first 10M of sda.

/boot   /dev/sda1
/usr     /dev/sda2
/         /dev/sdb1
swap  /dev/sdb2

Currently silo.conf is pointing to root=/dev/sdb1
Which is correct.  And there is link to vmlinuz in that dir.
Should I change it to the /boot partition?

Doesn't something need to be written to the MBR inorder
for the system to boot using SILO?

Do I need to change something in OpenBoot?

Right now everytime I boot the machine it puts me to the
ok> prompt.  I belive this is OpenBoot?
Then I insert the Debian Rescue Floppy and boot from it.
ok> boot floppy
Then I use the boot option...
boot: linux root=/dev/sdb1
Which correctly boots the machine (I believe using the kernel
on the hard dirve, not the floppy?)

Sorry for all the questions... I am familiar with Debian on i386.
This is my first time installing Debian on a sparc.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Andrew.